I’m best known for my website, CaptainAwkward.com, but I write and perform personal essays throughout the Chicago area and have written content for many online publications.
- How to Go Home for the Holidays When Your Family Is A Bit Much
- A Beginner’s Guide to Hosting Family for the Holidays Without Melting Down
- Here’s What It’s Really Like To Be An Internet Advice Columnist (A conversation with Captain Awkward, Ask A Manager, Dear Prudence, Slate’s Care & Feeding, Ask A Clean Person, and Dr. NerdLove edited by Rachel Miller)
- Six Awkward Holiday Conversations You’re Dreading And How To Deal With Them
The Archipelago (previously a literary magazine on Medium):
Story Club Magazine (a web magazine that collects essays that were written as performance pieces):
The Coral Project (a New York Times, Washington Post, and Mozilla Foundation project to help news organizations improve community engagement, now part of Vox Media):
- As Captain Awkward, I wrote a series of advice columns for characters in prestige TV dramas for IndieWire in 2014.
- The Hannibal one is the best.